UNITED METHODIST WOMEN (UMW)
A member of the United Methodist Women is anyone who commits herself to the purpose and chooses to belong. United Methodist Women celebrates an inclusive membership and welcomes all women who want to become members.
Being a member of the United Methodist Church is not required nor is there any minimum age requirement. Out of a commitment for mission locally and globally with women, children and youth, United Methodist Women choose to participate in meetings, prayer, financial giving, study, action and service.
United Methodist Women is a community of women who nurture and encourage one another in their spiritual growth, personal leadership and transformation. As a member, you accept the challenge to expand concepts of mission.
- To know God and to experience freedom as whole persons through Jesus Christ
- To develop a creative supportive fellowship and
- To expand concepts of mission through participation in the global ministries of the church.
WHY BECOME A MEMBER? United Methodist Women is a national membership organization with nearly one-million members whose purpose is to foster spiritual growth, develop leaders and advocate for justice. Members raise approximately $20 million a year for programs and projects related to women, children and youth in the United Stations and in more than 100 countries around the world.
Central Md District Goals
- Build relationships between the CMD UMW President and the Units
- Build relationships between the CMD UMW Mission Team and the Units
- Increase awareness of the Social Principles regarding Environmental Justice
- Reach out to persons on the margins of society
- Equip units to implement the UMW Handbook 2013-2016
- Equip CMD UMW Mission Team to lead
Baltimore-Washington Conference Goals
- Improve communication between the Conference/District/Local Units
- Improve Mission Project awareness
- Implement the Charter for Racial Justice
- Live out our purpose and add one new unit to each District