Director of youth ministries
Please Submit a RESUME with COVER LETTER to Kevin Silberzahn (firstname.lastname@example.org) no later than July 30, 2019.
GENERAL SUMMARY: At the direction of the Senior Pastor, the DYM will plan, implement, lead, advocate, and support all youth-related programs and activities at WFUMC in collaboration with other Senior Staff and appropriate Ministry Teams. This is a Senior Staff position and is a part of the Staff Leadership Team, where each member is responsible for the success of the others and all know that their role is to pitch in anytime a person in another area needs help. In many ways everyone on staff is intertwined with the responsibilities of the other staff.
GUIDING SCRIPTURE: Ephesians 4:11-12
The gifts he gave were that some would be apostles, some prophets, some evangelists, some pastors and teachers, to equip the saints for the work of ministry, for building up the body of Christ.
GUIDING QUESTIONS: Whom will I mentor today? (Not, What must I do today?), Whom will I discover? (Not, What is my job?), How many people can I equip? (Not, How much can I do?)
- Profess a faith in Jesus Christ, uphold biblical standards in relationships and personal habits and possess a familiarity with and willingness to support the doctrines of the United Methodist Church.
- To create an environment in which leaders in your Ministry Area, are equipped and encouraged to live out the Discipleship Pathway of the church.
- To model and add value to the Mission, Vision and Values of Wesley Freedom.
- To be an extension of the organizational goals of the Senior Pastor and Church Council.
- To loyally support all of the members of paid and unpaid staff.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND FUNCTIONS
- Plan, organize and implement all youth-related programs and activities.
- Coordinate an annual calendar of youth ministry events.
- Provide oversight to High School and Middle School Youth Ministries, Confirmation Class, Youth Sunday School program (grades 6-12) in collaboration with the Director of Children and Family Ministries.
- Provide oversight to College-age Young Adult Ministry in collaboration with the Associate Pastor of Congregational Life.
- Help to keep youth and their families connected to life of local church and spiritual community efforts.
- Encourage and equip youth to lead and participate in worship in collaboration with the Director of Worship.
- Lead youth outreach opportunities in collaboration with Missions Team, including annual mission trip experiences for youth.
- Develop and manage the Youth departmental budget, including fund raising efforts and promote youth stewardship.
- Provide and lead spiritual and personal growth educational opportunities.
- Participate in opportunities for personal spiritual and ministry growth.
- Uphold and promote the WFUMC Safe Sanctuary Policy and submit completed safe sanctuary forms.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Pastoral Team.