UMW Reading Program
UMW Reading Program: 2016-2017
The Reading Program encourages members to think critically about current issues through an annual selection of member-reviewed books. It offers an excellent opportunity to deepen your spirituality and to broaden your understanding of our mission work.
The Reading Program Leads to Action!
For 140 years, United Methodist Women have been involved in mission that includes prayer, study and action. The Reading Program is a study opportunity, but it should also lead to action. The purpose of the program is to encourage United Methodist Women members to:
- Expand understanding of and participation in God’s mission.
- Increase sensitivity to all human beings—their needs, interests and concerns.
- Encourage critical thinking about issues facing humanity today.
- Grow in understanding of Scripture as it relates to Christian faith in contemporary life.
- Enhance self-knowledge and act from that knowledge.
- Strengthen involvement in local and global Christian mission.
- **** Look for more information in the Gathering Area at the UMW wall for fliers and booklets to see what current books you can read for the year.
Wesley Freedom BOOK CLUB ~ Dates and Books for the coming year
For more information contact Susan Kruger at (410) 795-8548 email@example.com
The Book Club meets several times throughout the year to read and discuss books.
Meetings vary in time and place.